Friday 25 January 2013

Crows Toes Merope Tape Mani

Happy Friday everyone!!!! I love Fridays, I think they might be the best day of the week, the whole weekend is stretched out ahead of us.......
 
So yesterday I decided to do a tape mani. Well actually I wanted to do some stamping but I just couldn't stamp. I don't know why, first I was scraping off too much polish, then the image wouldn't transfer properly, then only bits of it came onto my nail. I got fed up and gave up so I thought I'd try something different. I'll come back to stamping another day when I have more time and patience. I think I need to only try using my Konad polishes, and this means I need to get some more of them when I go to the US next month.
 
OK, so what I did do was start with 2 coats of Zoya Kendall which is a pale lilac creme. I really like this, it's a great base colour. Then I applied some striping tape and used Crows Toes Merope over the top. Did it turn out OK? Well sort of. The lines are not as crisp as I would like and I think I kinda messed up in the ring finger, I know you are supposed to take the tape off when the polish is wet but I think I did that a little too early and that's why I got some blurred edges. Oh well, the overall effect was nice, I just need more practise.
 
Crows Toes Merope is part of the pleiades collection. As described by Crows Toes, in greek mythology the pleiades were seven sisters: maia, electra, alcyone, taygete, aterope, celaeno and merope. their parents were atlas, a titan who held up the sky, and the oceanid pleione, the protectress of sailing. After a chance meeting with the hunter orion, the pleiades and their mother became the object of his relentless pursuit. enamoured with the young women, he pursued them over the face of the earth. in pity for their plight, zeus changed them into a flock of doves, which he set in the heavens. This collection are their namesakes.
 
Merope is really very pretty, it's the only one I own so far but it certainly won't be the last. I looked for a description but couldn't find one so I would say it's a multichrome with flashes of blue, grey, green and purple. I can see orange in the bottle but it wasn't evident on the nail. I want to wear it plain next time so you can see the whole effect, I might wait for some sunshine so I can hopefully get all the multchrome goodness out of it.
 
So more practise for me with the nail art. Anyone have any tips on getting really crisp lines with the striping tape?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh and because I have been asked by one of my lovely readers to show you more of Miagi here he is. He was lucky to be sent a toy in one of my birthday packages from my nail birthday group this morning, here he is sitting on his favourite blankets on top of the couch. He's there as I write this snoring away!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh he is SO handsome, and I can see why you call him Miagi, it really suits him!!!!
    love him xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just adore him. Debbie, he is just SO cute! I'll post some more pics for you. x

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x