Monday 30 July 2012

Olympics Mani and something even better....

So, as everyone in the world will know by now London is currently hosting the Olympics. I lived in London for years and years and specifically in East London, about a 15 minute walk to the Olympic Stadium. It's a great place and I've really enjoyed seeing how it's developed.

Of course I wanted to do a mani to celebrate the Olympics so here it is. The stamping isn't the best, in fact I messed up the index finger and re-did it a few times but it never got to look any better. Oh well, you get the point!

For the base I used 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls from the Spriderman collection. The formula on this was OK but it was a little streaky so I did have to work with it a bit. The then used Barry M Gold and Silver and OPI Take The Stage for the medals and drew in the podium and ribbons with Color Club nail stripers. The glitter is Barry M Britannia because I just had to fit it in somewhere.

I really did have trouble with the stamping on this mani and the green and red are both Konad polishes so I don't know why. My nails are pretty curved so I don't think that helps but I also got smudging from Cult Nails Wicked Fast so I think I need to try a new topcoat for stamping too.

Anyway, I got a lot of compliments and this mani was such fun. I even got to wear it to the Olympic villiage to see the water polo - make sure you scroll down to see the pics!!



And here's what I used:




And finally, the Olympics: here's the main stadium - look at the weather!!

The water polo centre: This was just at the start of the game - this is the Italian team

Look at them, aren't they gorgeous??!!


This is one of my most favourite London icons - Tower Bridge. All dressed up for the Olympics, isn't she beautiful? I just had to show you. Hope you've enjoyed this all just a tiny bit as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x